11 Aug 2014
Romania- Sibiu: Sibiu Public Transport Commercialisation Project (Company Loan)
Restructuring and loan extension
INVITATION FOR TENDERS
Construction of a new bus depot
This Invitation for Tenders follows the General Procurement Notice for this project ref 7251-GPN-37026 which was published on the EBRD website, Procurement Notices (www.ebrd.com) on 10 th of January 2014.
SC TURSIB SA , hereinafter referred to as “the Employer” or “Tursib , intends using part of the proceeds of a loan from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the Bank) towards the cost of the construction of a new bus depot in the outskirst of Sibiu city.
Tursib now invites sealed tenders from contractors for the following contract to be funded from part of the proceeds of the loan.
The contract involves the construction of a new bus depot :
- Works will generally include the construction of a new bus depot: construction of a busport, administrative building, workshops, fuel station, washing station, technical inspection station, exterior facilities.
- Works will be carried out under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction – Red Book, First edition 1999.
Tendering for the Project is open to contractors from any country. The contract is expected to be completed within 18 months plus Defect Notification Period of 5 year.
To be qualified for the award of a contract, tenderers must satisfy the minimum criteria:
- an average annual turnover above 10 Million Euro in the last 3 years; in case of a joint venture the leading firm has an average turnover above 8.0 Million Euro, and each partner must have an average turnover above 6.0 Million Euro
- minimum financial resources of 1.000.000 Euro
- financial indicators to demonstrate the current soundness of the Tenderers financial position and its prospective long term profitability.
- general experience in contracts as general contractor, subcontractor or contractor management for the past 5 years prior to the tenderers submission deadline.
- 3 similar projects, in size and nature, concluded in the last 5 years. Recommendations from previous employers related to similar projects / contracts.
- the availability of a key staff comprising
- the Project Manager – with a degree in industrial engineering, more than 7 years professional experience and 3 years in similar position on industrial construction works, experienced with internationally financed projects and FIDIC Conditions of contract, or other similar internationaly accepted conditions of contract applicaple to construction industry, English fluent;
- 1 industrial engineer who with more than 7 years of experience and 3 years in leading Site Management position, experienced with FIDIC Conditions of Contract, or other similar internationaly accepted conditions of contract applicaple to construction industry, capable of English;
- Materials Expert, Utilities Engineer, each a qualified expert with more than 7 years of experience and proven in knowledge of Romanian and international standards (EN) and capable of English
- Road engineer with more than 7 years of experience and proven in knowledge of Romanian and international standards (EN) and capable of English
A complete set of Tender Documents may be purchased from 21 st of July upon submission of a written application to the below given Email address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of 50 € (fifty EURO) or equivalent in a convertible currency against the presentation of the respective payment slip to the bank Account No (IBAN) RO03RNCB0227036043890001 at the BCR (Banca Comerciala Romana).
Upon receipt of appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee, the documents will promptly be dispatched. If requested, the documents will be promptly dispatched by courier, but no liability can be accepted for loss or late delivery. In addition, if requested, the documents can be dispatched electronically after presentation by the prospective tenderer of an appropriate evidence of payment of the non-refundable fee. In the event of discrepancy between electronic and hard copies of the documents, the hard copy shall prevail.
All tenders must be accompanied by a tender security of 120.000 € or its equivalent in a convertible currency.
Tenders must be delivered to the office at the address below on or before 25 th of September 2014 at 10:00 AM local time. Electronic tender shall not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Tenders will be opened on 25 th of September 2014 at 10:15 AM in the presence of the Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend.
A register of potential tenderers who have purchased the tender documents may be inspected at the address below.
Prospective tenderers may obtain further information from, and inspect and acquire the tender documents at the following office:
SC TURSIB SA
Calea Dumbravii Street, no. 133-135, Legal Department, Sibiu 550399, RO
Tel: +40 269 426 100, Fax:+40 269 210 771