Former headquarters, from Calea Dumbrăvii 133-135 and new headquarters, from West industrial area
Between 1965 and 2016, the local transportation company from Sibiu operated on the old headquarters on Calea Dumbrăvii, no. 133 - 135.
During this period, the company operated under the names of ITS, IJTL, Tursib. Below, you can watch a video presentation of the company made in 2013, before launching the construction of the new headquarters.
In May 2008, Tursib proposes to the City Hall of Sibiu, the change of the location of the registered office in an industrial area.
Arguments for changing the location of the bus station:
- The location of the old headquarters in one of the residential neighbourhoods of the city, had a negative impact on the environment and on the inhabitants of the area, due to the emissions of noise, of the noise pollution;
- Utilities (water, canal, gas) were old and outdated;
- The location of the warehouses was not functional;
- For the modernization and upgrading to the European standards of the old headquarters, major investments were needed, which even if it had not been realized could not have ensured the optimum of the technological cycle.
In the first half of 2011, a "Feasibility study" was carried out, based on a general concept, in which all the necessary functions were optimally ordered.
Basic requirements of the future investment:
- Maintenance modernization
- Optimization of work processes and of the volume of work involved
- Reduction of operating costs
- Reduction of environmental pollution (noise, CO2, etc.)
- Increasing the quality and efficiency of TURSIB
- Efficient management of energy and waste
The land where the investment was to be made was located in the western industrial area of the city of Sibiu, near the Sibiu International Airport, about 6 km from the center of the municipality and about 4 km from its bypass belt.
The surface of the land was about 35,000 m² being bounded on the south by Munchen street, and on the east and north by Barcelona street.
On 01.04.2014 Tursib, represented by Mr. Adrian Popa - general manager and the City Hall of Sibiu, represented by Mr. Klaus Iohannis - mayor, signed the contract for a loan of 4.8 million Euros from the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), money to be invested for the construction of a new bus station in the West Industrial Area.
On March 26, 2015, in the presence of Mrs. Fodor Astrid Cora - acting mayor of the City of Sibiu, the construction work of a new headquarters of SC TURSIB SA - the public transport company from Sibiu began.
At the end of 2016, the bus station with all the functions was relocated to the headquarters in str. Munchen, no.1.