The SibiuBus mobile app has been created within the framework of the project "Modernization of public transport in the Municipality of Sibiu", financed by non-reimbursable European funds, and is designed to facilitate public transport travel in the Municipality of Sibiu.
By using the app, you can:
- Plan your desired route;
- Get information about the bus arrival time at a certain bus stop;
- Get information about the bus occupancy rate;
- View public transport routes in Sibiu;
- Buy tickets, day passes or 30-day passes.
Travel tickets available in the SibiuBus mobile app:
- 60 min urban ticket;
- Daily ticket;
- Weekly pass;
- Nominal 30-day pass;
- Păltiniș single journey ticket;
- Păltiniș 2-journey (return) ticket;
- Bicycle ticket for Păltiniș;
- Nominal Păltiniș pass.
- In order to be able to purchase a ticket or pass, you need to create an account in the application.
- Travel tickets purchased via the app will only be available in the app as a QR code, not on the Tursib plastic card.
- If you want to buy tickets for more than one person (e.g., validate the active ticket for yourself and buy a ticket for a second person), after the first validation you need to press the "+" sign on the validator and generate the QR code again in the app.
- Tickets bought in the SibiuBus app must always be validated when boarding the bus. In case the route involves more than one bus, the ticket must be validated on each bus.
- The journey is valid for 60 minutes from the first validation, but if the 60 minutes expire after validation, you are entitled to travel until the end of your journey.
- If you do not validate your ticket, it is not considered valid and you will be penalised according to the Tursib rules in force.
- The QR code needs to be generated both before validation and in the event of a check.
Planning your desired route
To plan a bus trip using the SibiuBus mobile app, you need to enter the desired departure and arrival point into the app. Pressing the "Calculate routes" button will display a list of route options, from which you can choose the optimal route for you. You will be able to view a map of the selected route, as well as the timetable for each stop on the route by clicking on the respective stop sign. You can also check the linear map of the selected route (by clicking on the “Details” button), where details for each route are available by clicking on the arrows next to each route.
Viewing the routes
To view the routes operated by Tursib, go to the "Routes" menu and select the type of route from the categories displayed at the top of the screen (main, secondary, professional...). Select the route in the desired direction and view the map with the corresponding stations. This will also display the buses running the route and their position in real time. You can view the timetable for each stop on the route by clicking on the map sign next to the stop. Tap on the bus sign on the map to view the bus load in real time.
What do the colours on the buses represent?
- Green – low load
- Orange – medium load
- Red – high load
- Brown – very high load.
How to create an account and log in to the SibiuBus mobile app:
- Open the app;
- Press the "Sign in" button;
- Press the "Create account" button;
- Enter a valid e-mail address;
- Enter your first name, surname, personal identification code and the desired password;
- Press the "Register" button.
* Subsequent login will be done using the e-mail address and password used to create the account.
How to purchase tickets from the SibiuBus app:
- Download the app from Google Play or Apple Store;
- Open the SibiuBus app;
- Go to the "Settings" menu and select the desired language;
- Go to the "Purchases" section;
- Choose the desired travel title (ticket/daily/weekly/30-day pass) and add it to the basket.
*In order to purchase travel tickets such as 30-day passes, the user needs to create an account within the app.
*When purchasing a 30-day pass, you must select the desired start date before adding it to your basket.
6. Make your payment (fill in your credit card details and complete your order);
*Payment is made securely with the help of the authorised payment processor euplatesc.ro.
* You can save your card details and thus make future purchases faster.
Once the transaction is confirmed, the purchased travel card will be available in the "Tickets" section as a QR code. Here, it can be accessed in case of a verification and presented to the transport operator's representative.
How to validate travel tickets purchased from the SibiuBus app:
- Open the SibiuBus app;
- Go to the "Tickets" menu, where all the tickets you bought by using the SibiuBus app will be displayed;
- Select the travel title you want to use from your account. If you do not choose the travel title you would like to validate, the automatic validation priority is as follows: valid 30-day pass, travel ticket, e-wallet;
- Place the QR code generated by the app at the bottom of the yellow validator on the bus;
- If you would like to validate tickets for more than one person (e.g., you validate a ticket for yourself and would like to add a ticket for a second person), you need to validate your ticket before pressing the "+" sign on the validator and generate the QR code again in the application.
*The travel ticket must be regenerated at each validation or check.
The ticket must be validated on each bus (if your route implies travelling on two buses, the ticket must be validated on both buses).
Is indicated by a message on a green background giving information about the validated ticket (ticket type and its validity period).
Is indicated by a message on a red background, followed by an audible warning.
Validation not recognised at the validation device
If, when presenting a QR code to traffic inspectors, the ticket is shown as not being valid, even though you have validated it previously, you must inform the traffic inspector that you have previously validated your ticket and request verification directly at the validation machine within the bus.
Steps to follow in case of ticket control:
- Open the SibiuBus mobile app;
- Go to the "Tickets" menu and then choose the "QR Code" submenu;
- The traffic inspector will scan the QR code generated by the app either with his/her device (which is similar to a mobile phone) or will ask you to scan the QR code at one of the yellow validators on the bus.
If you have any questions or encounter any difficulties, we offer support between 08:00-16:00 on 0269.208.861 or by email: email@example.com.